Source: Culture Eatz
- Lilac flowers (pesticide free)
- egg white
- fine granular sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup crushed granola
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon powdered gelatin
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1/2 can condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon lilac flowers, stems removed (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lilac vodka (see notes)
- 1 cup blueberries + extra for decoration
- Candied Lilacs: thin an egg white with a bit of water and beat well. Dip flowers in and shake excess off. Pour the sugar over the flowers with a spoon to cover completely. Leave to dry on a parchment paper for 12 to 24 hours.
- Crust: add butter, brown sugar, granola and salt to a food processor. Pulse until combined. Pour into a 6 inch springform pan, press down evenly with a spoon and refrigerate.
- Add gelatin to boiling water to soften and set aside.
- In the a food processor, mix condensed milk and lemon juice and pulse until a bit thickened.
- Add in the cream cheese, gelatin, lilac flowers and vodka, and the ricotta. Pulse until combined, about 1 minute.
- Pour half of the filling evenly over the crust in the cake pan. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of blueberries over the filling. Set aside.
- To the remaining filling add 1/2 cup of blueberries and pulse until blended.
- Pour the filling gently over the blueberries and spread evenly on the top.
- Refrigerate overnight and decorate with extra blueberries and candied lilacs if desired.
Lilac Vodka: in a small jar pack some lilac flowers and cover with vodka. Shake the jar once a day for 2 weeks. Strain out the flowers.
Flowers often go under used when it comes to cooking and baking? How can you incorporate edible flowers into your recipes? How do you use edible flowers now? Which flowers will you grow?
Share your comments with the community by posting them below. Share the wealth of health with your friends and family by sharing this article with 3 people today. As always you are the best part of what we do. Keep sharing!
If these articles have been helpful to you and yours, give a donation to Shidonna Raven Garden and Cook Ezine today.