Source: The View from Great Island
- 5 ounce clamshell pack of baby spring greens mix
- 1 small sweet onion such as Vidalia Maui, or any generic sweet onion
- assorted edible flowers
- 1/4 cup dressing of your choice
- Peel and slice the onion into paper thin rounds. The easiest way to do this is with a mandoline slicer. if you don’t have one, just get them as thin as you can. Separate the rings.
- Put the dressing at the bottom of a very large salad bowl.
- Put the greens and onions into the bowl, but don’t mix with the dressing.
- Scatter the edible flowers across the top of the salad.
- Bring the salad to the table and toss with the dressing just before serving.
- Alternately you can serve the dressing on the side.
- Be careful to only use the blossoms of these edible flowers…other parts of the plant, such as the leaves, etc., may be inedible.
- To store edible flowers for a short time, either put them in water, if they still have their stems, and put that in the refrigerator, or line a plastic storage container with a damp paper towel and lay them out in a single layer, cover, and put in the refrigerator. Plan to use them asap.
What a quick and easy salad. This is such an easy way to incorporate flowers into ones plate. Which flowers will you use? Which flowers will you grow? Try the recipe and let us know what you think.
Share your comments with the community by posting them below. Share the wealth of health with your friends and family by sharing this article with 3 people today. As always you are the best part of what we do. Keep sharing!
If these articles have been helpful to you and yours, give a donation to Shidonna Raven Garden and Cook Ezine today.