Versatile, healthy, and always delicious, carrots are one strong ally of mine, especially on busy weeknights. A few additional items like garlic, butter, and honey help to break the crunchy orange veggie out of its role as a vessel for Ranch Dip. Which is the only role carrots play when in the hands of my kids…
HOW TO MAKE THIS ROASTED CARROTS RECIPE
- Cut up the carrots and set aside.
- Melt butter over medium-heat; add garlic and cook, stirring very frequently. DO NOT burn the garlic.
- Remove from heat and stir in the honey.
- Toss the carrots with the prepared sauce, season, and bake in a 425F oven for 22 to 25 minutes, or until tender.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
CAN YOU COOK GLAZED CARROTS A DAY AHEAD?
- Absolutely! Cooking carrots a day ahead is a time-saver and they are simple to reheat and serve.
- While the microwave is OKAY to use for reheating, I suggest to pop them on the stove. Add just a bit of butter to the pan and reheat over medium-low heat until the carrots are heated through and just beginning to brown.
HOW TO STORE ROASTED CARROTS
- Allow carrots to cool completely. Transfer the cooled carrots to an airtight container and cover with a lid.
- The carrots will store well for up to 2 days in the refrigerator.
What are your favorite vegetables? Why? How do you cook them?
Share your comments with the community by posting them below. Share the wealth of health with your friends and family by sharing this article with 3 people today. As always you are the best part of what we do. Keep sharing!
If these articles have been helpful to you and yours, give a donation to Shidonna Raven Garden and Cook Ezine today.